Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Our Love Story

I snatched him.

How we met and fell in love. Our story is quite interesting, I will tell my side to the story because I am not sure if Dustin wants his side on the internet. 

I first met Dustin after church one Sunday, I do not remember catching his name completely. He had a beard when I first met him so naturally he looked older. He had his sister in law with him and she had kids, me not knowing much of the family ties, I thought Dustin had a wife and kids. I remember when I first met him I had this odd feeling of desire and I wanted him for some reason and I really was not sure why. Not even knowing his name, I went home after church slapping myself for desiring another woman's husband. I slowly forgot about the experience. 



A few months later, Christina (Dustin's Mom) told me her son thought I was pretty and wanted to take me out on a date then she proceeded to laugh and say "But I told him oh my gosh she is only fifteen!" I was flattered and laughed at the concept.  I still did not yet make the connection who her son was. I thought  maybe her son was a boy I saw frequently at the BBQ's they had at their house, who I later realized was actually Dustin's cousin. I remember wondering why this "Dustin guy", who was actually Dustin's cousin never even tried to talk to me. Little did I know Dustin was actually in Utah and would soon come home for the summer.


A few weeks later, as summer approached, Christina asked me to begin working for her, teaching her grandchildren swimming lessons and pretty much whatever else she wanted me to do, I agreed. My second day of work I was sitting on the couch talking to Christina, and out comes Dustin and he introduced himself as Dustin and I finally knew exactly who the mystery boy was. Because he had shaved, I did not make the connection he was the same boy I met in the church hallway half a year before. Christina invited me to come to Ikebana's with them for dinner and I said yes. I remember I was adventurous, I tried shrimp for the first time! Dustin flirted with me a lot that night and we really hit it off. I forgot to mention what I wore that night, I was wearing yoga pants and a shirt with cats on it, I looked awful. That night I went home and looked through his whole Facebook to do a background check and had butterflies in my tummy. 


Because I was now sixteen, Dustin despite our age differences decided to kind of, sort of ask me out. My mom warned me that he may ask me out and that we would just be going as friends and see what happens. I was a little surprised but I went with it. Dustin first invited me to a family birthday dinner at the Chart House, yes I met most of the family all in one night. I was not sure if this was a date because we were with all the family and I do not know I was really stupid and refused to believe a boy liked me. After that, Dustin asked me out for our real first date, he asked me while I was in the pool giving swimming lessons and I remember my mascara was running down my face. He wanted to take me out to dinner but he did not tell me where we were going. Our first date was at the Shadowbrook, which was  such a  nice restaurant and I was not used to the super fancy stuff. I was pretty shy but I got pretty talkative towards the end. 
In the Shadowbrook cart.


We went on a couple more dates after that, we went to Monterrey and walked down Cannery row and that was the first time we held hands. It was the nineteenth and Dustin was hanging out at my house pretty late, we finally talked about our relationship and became in a relationship. We also kissed that night too! Dustin left around one, so we say our relationship became official the 20th. It was not until a few weeks later that I realized Dustin was the man I had met so long ago and felt attracted to. It was not until then that I realized he was not married with kids, he was my boyfriend! I realized that the woman was his sister in law. When I realized this, I realized that I was going to marry Dustin, my instincts that day long ago knew it and I did too.



The summer ended and we had great times, we seriously did some really fun things all summer long. but our relationship would be put to the test, Dustin had to go back to Utah for his last semester of school, last one! I would not see him besides a few visits until December. He came to visit once or twice. Once he brought me a car home that he bought as a token of his love and it was really sweet but I was more happy to see him. He came for thanksgiving and after that we had the long stretch until Christmas and then he would be home for good! 

We went to his families ranch for Christmas and had some really good times in the snow. Dustin took me on an off-roading trip in the snow with many different stops, the last stop he proposed to me. This particular spot overlooks the entire ranch. We were soaking wet by the time we got there because the snow was so harsh. Besides the fact, it was very romantic.   I said yes!

 And now we begin this new journey of wedding planning and I must say we are closer than ever! I am very happy with Dustin and very thankful that he found me and I found him. I cannot wait to be sealed to him and to be with him forever! I know that God placed Dustin right in front of me and we were meant for each other. I thank Heavenly Father everyday that I have this wonderful man by my side always.




And that is my compact version of our love story.
I am going to write a detailed blog of our proposal and other elements touched upon in this blog.

Comment things about your experience with love stories! 
Let me know what you think of my blog!





2 comments:

  1. Your story is a true example of a blessing meant to happen by heavenly father!! Sniff sniff how beautiful! I love how you described your physical feelings when you knew You'd marry Dustin.

    ReplyDelete