Thursday, November 2, 2017

3 & 1/2 Months Post-Partum

As anyone who reads this blog knows, I just had my first baby! He’s basically the hot topic on this blog but I’m writing to talk about me for a minute! 

Ever since having Jetson life has been a little crazy and a lot less orderly than I am used to but that is ok!


Fortunately I am getting more than enough sleep. In fact since having Jetson I have reverted back to sleeping in, in the morning because I don’t sleep as well at night anymore because momma’s on alert and because Jetson totally cuddles and naps in the morning and it is SO hard to leave him in bed by himself for me to start doing something because he’s SO cuddly . 


Breastfeeding is as good as ever. I still over produce most of the time. Also my body has not gotten used to the amount of time Jetson sleeps for so I wake up sopping milk most mornings. It’s unpleasant but I am used to it. I hate wearing a bra to bed and my nursing pads are not the best . 


This photo was taken at 2 months after Jetson’s birth. I’ve lost a few pounds since but have kind of stayed stagnant a couple weeks due to just not dieting or really trying much. I’m 5 lbs away from pre-pregnancy if I could just get there! I’ll have more to go after that but pre-pregnancy weight will feel good.


Since having Jetson my paranoia and worry wort tendancies have sky-rocketed. It has actually been really debilitating and has robbed me from a lot of the fun of being a mom. Today was the first day of me actively doing something about my worry and actively taking charge of my own mind. Most of my fears are irrational, silly and induced by all my crazy hormones. 

Today I also took charge of my time management. Not going to school or working has made me a little less productive but being a mom and wife is a lot of work too! I’ve been putting down my phone a lot more and trying to break my habit of spending so much time on social media. Today I put my phone down every time I started to look at it and I got a lot done. I remember feeling like it was like 5 PM and time for Dustin to get home and I checked the clock and it was only 1 ! High five to not wasting time on my phone.


We have been hosting lots of parties and stuff at our house lately so I’m either running around like crazy or really tired most days so I’m ready to let things calm down a bit. We are hosting thanksgiving this year and that will be our last hoorah for a while and I’ll prob do a craft night in December but keep it really low key. I’m wearing myself out a bit I think. 


I am REALLY excited/ kind of freaked out that it is the new year already ! This past year went by kind of scarily fast but I’m excited to see what this next year will bring with our little family. I’m excited to see how are family dynamics will change as Jetson gets older and how I will change as I learn more and more about being a mother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment