Thursday, September 7, 2017

The Ant Plague

We seem to have an infestation of ants in our home and I'm just going to take this post to complain a little. I HATE ANTS. We started out slowly trying to get rid of them, not really declaring war quite yet. We put out one of those little traps where they eat the poison then take it back to their colony. That worked for a cool minute. They started showing up in different places. Every place they showed up was close to a sink which I figured meant they were looking for water due to this heat wave. They were making me so mad and upset because even though my kitchen was clean I still had those nasty things crawling around. 

Well yesterday we put out two more traps in different spots which has significantly dropped the population a bit. However, like idiots, we didn't take out the trash yesterday so lots of them went there instead of the traps girrrr! They were getting into a cupboard that oddly I don't put any food in, but I soon realized I had a sugar scrub that I made a few months ago in containers in there. Gosh I hate them. 

This morning I declared war, with all purpose cleaner. It kills them and it won't hurt us like ant spray would.I used the rest of the bottle shooting them with my spray gun. I killed so many of them. And the whole time I was talking to them like "I don't want to do this but I have to and you know what I'm going to enjoy it because you are ruining my life!" I swear these ants are making me crazy. If more come I'm going to seek professional help, for the ants NOT me hahaha. I just feel so good to finally get a little control over the situation. Que environmentalists being upset over the death of thousands of ants-

Many ants were harmed in the making of this blog post*

My ant rant is now over, thanks for reading this seemingly silly post.


2 comments:

  1. We hate ants too!! When we first lived in L.B. We had sugar ants!! Yes sugar ants.... tiny whits almost translucent ugly hard to kill little not my friend suckers!! Our house was spotless but right before dinner, as I am coking here theyd come from under the cracks in my kitchen/diningroom (it was literaly 1 room lol).... almost like they smelt the food and was like DINNER TIME. So I would have to stop what I doing and kill them. clean up. disinfect the floors and myself.... finish dinner and repeat the next day :-( I feel you sister

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its so horrible! It is only going to get worse when winter approaches!

      Delete